Are you interested in the environment, agriculture, sustainability, animals, food, or health? Do you enjoy conducting research, solving problems and striving to make an impact on people, animals, and the world around you? This comprehensive and innovative program is designed to help you explore career pathways within the field while connecting you with alumni mentors who can help you learn the required skills to break into the industry. Through this high-impact program, students will begin to map a career path through the competitive world of opportunities in the areas of the environment, food, animals and sustainability, where positions exist in many exciting and diverse areas, including:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Environmental Science, Natural Resources and Ecology
- Agriculture and Food Production
- Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Animal Sciences
The Road to Food, Animals & the Environment mentoring program is the newest high-impact mentoring program offered by Career Exploration and Success to connect Rutgers’ students with alumni industry experts. CES, in collaboration with the School of Environmental & Biological Sciences (SEBS), is offering this competitive program to help grow undergraduate students' academic and industry awareness and build targeted career readiness. Rutgers undergraduates (first-year, sophomore and junior students) from all majors and academic interests are welcome to apply. And, like our previous mentoring programs, Road to Wall Street, Road to Communication & Media, and Road to Government, Policy & Service, students will receive career and industry-related education, advising and seminars, and will be matched with a Rutgers alumna/alumnus who is currently a professional in a SEBS-related field.
Interested in the program? Join us at one of our upcoming information sessions and register via Rutgers Handshake.
Application Process Details:
- Program Application opens on Rutgers Handshake September 16 at 12 AM. The application closes on October 31 - 11:55 PM.
- Primary Signup Starts November 8 at 12 AM (The date when students who are selected as primary candidates may select interview slots on Rutgers Handshake).
- Alternate signup starts November 12 at 12 AM (The date when students who are selected as alternate candidates may select interview slots).
- Interviews on November 15 – (30-minute interviews for selected program applicants, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Busch Student Center, Career & Interview Center (CIC)
About Alumni-Student Mentoring
Each fall, interested first-year students, sophomores and juniors from all majors apply for this competitive mentoring program, and approximately 50 students are meticulously matched with a Rutgers alumna/alumnus who is currently employed in a career related to the following SEBS-related fields Sustainability, Environmental Science/Natural Resources/Ecology, Agriculture and Food Production, Food and Nutrition, and Animal Sciences. Students accepted into the program have access to their alumni mentor for six months and discuss topics like industry trends, interview strategies, internship/job search process, maximizing time at Rutgers, cover letter and resume critiques and networking. Alumni from all backgrounds and levels of experience are encouraged to apply to serve as mentors in the program.
Please contact Scott Borden with any questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 848-932-0191.