Career Exploration and Success uses a new career development model focused on career interests. This allows students to break out of the confines of viewing career opportunities based on majors and opens the door to a larger portrait of post-graduation options. Workshops, networking events, and job/internship postings within Rutgers Handshake are now structured around the career interest communities.
How to join a Career Community:
Sign in to Rutgers Handshake and go to your profile, then 'Career Interests', and select 1-3 career communities you want to join. Don't forget to scroll all the way down and click Save!
What the New Model Is NOT:
What the New Model IS:
Available Community Groups:
You can join any or all of the following communities through your Handshake account:
- Arts, Communications, and Entertainment
- Business, Financial Services, and Logistics
- Education and Public & Human Services
- Food & Agriculture and Environmental & Natural Resources
- Life Sciences and Health
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Discovery & Exploration
Not sure which community to join?
Why Join a Community:
Students within a community will have the opportunity to engage in tailored:
- Individual career appointments with cluster experts
- Programs and workshops
- Networking events and panels
- Explore career pathways with alumni mentors
- Career and internship fairs
- Employer site visits
- Weekly announcements
- Job and internship opportunities
How to Join a Community:
Register for a community within your profile section of Handshake today and get involved in exploring new career opportunities!