At University Career Services we know how hard Rutgers students work! To show our support of your hard work and to encourage you to set aside time to focus on your future, we are providing you with an incentive…FREE TUITION and other prizes. Complete the challenge and you will be entered to win free tuition for Fall 2019.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE?
You must be a current Rutgers University-New Brunswick undergraduate student.
WHAT IS IT?
Specifically, if you complete 10 challenge requirement stamps by 12:00 pm (EST) on Monday, April 29 will be entered into a drawing to win free tuition for Fall 2019. You can also earn badges through your participation at our events, or by engaging with our online tools. Plus, each month (i.e., February, March, and April) we will raffle off a $50 Amazon gift certificate to those who have completed the challenge along the way.
The first monthly drawing will be announced the first week of March. Students with five or more stamps are eligible for the gift card raffles. Our raffle winners will be emailed and announced on social media.
We will add new stamp opportunities throughout the semester — be sure to check your gameboard frequently!
You can score extra entries by earning additional stamps.
- 5 Stamps = 1 Amazon Gift Gard Raffle Entry
- 10 Stamps = 1 Free Tuition Challenge Raffle Entry
- 20 Stamps = 2 Free Tuition Challenge Raffle Entries
- 30 Stamps = 3 Free Tuition Challenge Raffle Entries
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Log in using your NetID and password. The first time you log in you will need to create a challenge profile.
- Get started by attending our events, utilizing our online tools and resources.
- If you are attending an event, make sure you “swipe in” with your RUID at event registration. We will also utilize your evaluation from workshops and events as proof of attendance. After the event, access the #RUTGERSWORKS challenge portal to view your current status (it may take some time for event-related items to display). If you are utilizing an online resource, earn credit by answering three to four quick questions to prove you’ve used the resource.
HOW DO I WIN?
Earn 10 stamps by 12:00 pm (EST) on Monday, April 29 and you will be automatically included in the drawing for free Fall 2019 in-state tuition. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on May 1* on social media. Be sure to follow University Career Services on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for our announcements!
Please add email@example.com to your safe emails list to prevent any problems during the notification process.
Contact Kaitlyn Weiss, Associate Director for Strategic Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuition payment is limited to a semester of undergraduate in-state tuition (based on the School of Arts & Sciences rate) for Spring 2019. Payment excludes student fees and other costs associated with attendance and enrollment.
- To qualify, contestants must be a currently enrolled Rutgers-New Brunswick Undergraduate student. You must be able to produce a valid RUID number.
- Your participation in the game will earn you entry into a drawing if you complete any ten challenge requirements by 12:00 pm (EST) on Monday, April 29. The announcement of the #RUTGERSWORKS winner will be made on May 1*. *Tentative date.
- Entries must be the direct work and participation of each individual contestant.
- International and out-of-state students may enter the contest. If an international or out-of-state student is selected as a winner, they will receive a tuition payment equivalent to the in-state tuition rate above and will be responsible for paying the balance of their tuition cost.
- You will receive an official code for each social media extra activity that you complete. This code will be used to process your Challenge stamp.
- University Career Services (UCS) is not responsible for any failure to complete the process and procure a Challenge stamp, even after you have completed the application activity. Only after achieving and activating the required number of Challenge credits will a contestant be entered into the grand prize drawing.
- The Challenge winner must come to University Career Services (Gateway Transit Village location at 106 Somerset Street, 4th FL, New Brunswick, NJ 08901) to pick up and sign for their prize. Winners must produce official identification such as a driver’s license or RU ID.
- The winner must be willing to have their picture taken and provide a brief profile summary of themselves for future marketing of the program.
- By participating in the Challenge, contestants agree to release the use of their name, photo, image, and likeness to Rutgers University and University Career Services for use in future advertising, publicity and media now or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- University Career Services reserves the right to, at its discretion, reschedule the challenge, entry and/or end dates, modify the entry procedures, cancel the challenge, or cancel the awarding of the prize for any reason.
- Contestants must provide UCS with an accurate email address and phone number. We will use this contact information to connect with the winner.
- The #RUTGERSWORKS challenge is open to Rutgers-New Brunswick undergraduate students only.