At Career Exploration and Success, we know how hard Rutgers students work! To show our support of your hard work and encourage you to set aside time to focus on your future, we provide you with an incentive… FREE SPRING TUITION* and other prizes. All currently registered Rutgers University-New Brunswick students, undergraduate or graduate level, are eligible to participate.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE?
You must be a currently enrolled Rutgers University-New Brunswick undergraduate or graduate student.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN AND HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Complete a number of career-related activities and be entered to win prizes during the monthly and grand prize raffle.
- MONTHLY PRIZES: Students with five or more stamps by the first week of each month (e.g., October, November, December) are entered into the monthly $50 Visa gift card raffle. Earn extra raffle entries by completing even more stamps (e.g., 5 Stamps = 1 Challenge Raffle Entry, 10 Stamps = 2 Entries, 15 Stamps = 3 Entries).
- GRAND PRIZES: Students with ten or more completed stamps by noon (EST) on Monday, December 7, are entered into the grand prize drawing to win free tuition* for Spring 2021. We will also raffle off three $150 and four $75 Visa gift cards to students with ten or more stamps. Earn extra raffle entries by completing even more stamps (e.g., 10 Stamps = 1 Challenge Raffle Entry, 20 Stamps = 2 Entries, 30 Stamps = 3 Entries).
- All raffle winners will be emailed and announced on social media. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on Monday, December 14 (tentative date) on social media. Be sure to follow Career Exploration and Success on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for our announcements!
* Free tuition equals the current semester SAS in-state tuition rate of $6,115.00
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe emails list to prevent any problems during the notification process.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Log in using your NetID and password. The first time you log in you will need to create a challenge game board.
- Get started by attending our virtual events, utilizing our online tools, and engaging with our resources.
- If you are attending a virtual event, make sure you “swipe in” and enter your RUID in event registration. We will also utilize your evaluation from workshops and events as proof of attendance. After the event, access the #RUTGERSWORKS challenge portal to view your current status (it may take some time for event-related items to display). If you are utilizing an online resource, earn credit by answering three to four quick questions to prove you’ve used the resource.
Contact William Jones at email@example.com or 848-932-0144 if you have any questions.
- Generally, tuition is calculated based on a number of factors. For the purposes of the challenge, tuition payment will equal no more that the equivalent of one semester of undergraduate in-state tuition ($6,115.00) as calculated in Spring 2020. Payment excludes student fees and other costs associated with attendance and enrollment.
- To qualify, contestants must be a currently enrolled Rutgers-New Brunswick Undergraduate student. You must be able to produce a valid RUID number.
- Your participation in the game will earn you entry into a drawing if you complete any ten challenge requirements from 12:00 pm on Monday, August 24 to 12:00 pm (EST) on Monday, December 7. The announcement of the #RUTGERSWORKS winner will be made on December 14 (tentative date).
- Entries must be the direct work and participation of each individual contestant.
- International and out-of-state students may enter the contest. If an international or out-of-state student is selected as a winner, they will receive a tuition payment equivalent to the in-state tuition rate above and will be responsible for paying the balance of their tuition cost.
- Career Exploration and Success (CES) is not responsible for any failure to complete the process and procure a Challenge stamp, even after you have completed the application activity. Only after achieving and activating the required number of Challenge credits will a contestant be entered into the grand prize drawing.
- The winner must come to Career Exploration and Success (Gateway Transit Village location at 106 Somerset Street, 4th FL, New Brunswick, NJ 08901)* to pick up and sign for their prize. Winners must produce official identification such as a driver’s license or RU ID. *This location could change due to COVID-19.
- The winner must be willing to have their picture taken and provide a brief profile summary of themselves for future marketing of the program.
- By participating in the challenge, contestants agree to release the use of their name, photo, image, and likeness to Rutgers University and Career Exploration and Success for use in future advertising, publicity and media now or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission. Winners must be available and willing to be featured on social media and other marketing avenues.
- Career Exploration and Success reserves the right to, at its discretion, reschedule the challenge, entry and/or end dates, modify the entry procedures, cancel the challenge, or cancel the awarding of the prize for any reason.
- Contestants must provide CES with an accurate email address and phone number. We will use this contact information to connect with the winner.
- The #RUTGERSWORKS challenge is open to Rutgers-New Brunswick undergraduate or graduate students only.