What is RICP?
RICP is an online pass/fail internship and co-op course for academic credit during the fall, spring, and summer sessions (winter session is not an option). The course consists of career-related assignments. Employers must complete midterm and final performance evaluations of the student. Course credits apply towards graduation as general elective credits.
There are two tracks for the program:
- Internship Track (3 credits):
- Part-time during the fall or spring; part-time or full-time during the summer
- Minimum total of 180 hours of work
- Minimum 12 weeks during fall or spring; (8 weeks during the summer)
- Paid or unpaid
- Students balance internships with a regular full-time course load unless it is summer
- Co-op Track (6 credits):
- Full-time for a 6-month period
- Minimum total of 690 hours of work
- Minimum 23 weeks (January-June; June-December)
- Students typically balance co-ops with an additional 6-credit course load, completed at night or online. Seniors participating in spring co-ops are technically October graduates but can walk in May graduation
Applications must be complete by 3:00 pm on the deadline date to be considered.
Internship Program (3 academic credits)
- Summer 2018 (May-August): June 1
- Fall 2018 (September-December): September 7
- Spring 2019 (January-May): January 25
Co-op Program (6 academic credits)
- Fall 2018 (June-December): August 1
- Spring 2019 (January-June): January 25
More Important Information: