The office of Career Exploration & Success (CES) is now offering grants of up to $500 to SAS Humanities and Social Sciences departments seeking funding for career-related programming. Funds are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
To qualify for a grant:
- Your department must be within the School of Arts and Sciences.
- The program must meet the following criteria to be reviewed:
- Career-related (panels, speaker programs, etc.)
- Take place on campus
- Planned and facilitated by your department’s faculty or staff (some additional assistance may be provided by CES staff if time allows)
- Should not be a recruiting event
- The event should take place no more than two months from your grant application date.
- The Office of Career Exploration and Success should be listed as a co-sponsor of your event with a logo
- Provide a list of RUID numbers of all student participants to CES for tracking and assessment purposes
- Funding can be used for food, speaker fees, advertising, panelist expenses, or related items
About the Office of Career Exploration and Success:
The Office of Career Exploration and Success is committed to assisting students with making connections between their academic experience and career paths. We provide career-related advising, resources, and programs to help individuals discover their interests, values, and skills, explore careers and majors, develop skills, and pursue their post-graduate goals. We build relationships with alumni, employers, and graduate schools to optimize internship, job, and career opportunities while also creating strategic partnerships with campus departments to assist students in developing and articulating co-curricular experiences that will help to ensure they are competitive in their future pursuits.