University Career Services at Rutgers-New Brunswick is pleased to announce our transition from CareerKnight (Symplicity) to the Rutgers Handshake platform. Employers began the transition on Monday, March 26 and students have had access since Wednesday, April 11. Handshake offers innovative features and support for both our employers and students. The decision to move to Handshake is the result of a two-year evaluation process completed by an advisory group of students, employers, staff members, and campus partners. Rutgers University-New Brunswick will join a network of over 500 universities utilizing Handshake, including schools like Arizona State University, University of Michigan, Princeton University, Texas A&M University, University of Georgia, and the University of Pennsylvania.
Rutgers Handshake will provide the following enhancements:
- Twice the number of employment opportunities for students across all fields (as reported by peer institutions)
- An easy interface for employers to track their recruiting activities across all Handshake member universities
- More robust reporting systems and dashboards
- A mobile interface for students
Employer Access to Rutgers Handshake:
Students and Alumni Access to Rutgers Handshake:
Access to Rutgers Handshake is available to all Rutgers University-New Brunswick current students and alumni as well as certain partnering departments from other Rutgers campuses.
Utilize Rutgers Handshake to:
- Schedule career advising appointments;
- Register for upcoming programs and fairs;
- Access online tools via the resource section (e..g, self-assessment tools, mock interview systems, industry guides and career information, etc.);
- View and apply for internship and job listings (read our fraudulent posting warning);
- Participate in the On-Campus Interviewing Program; and
- much more
There are two ways to access Handshake:
- Mobile App: Apple iOS device users can download the Handshake app via the Apple App Store. Discover jobs on the go and respond to employers the moment they message you. Android and other devices are currently in development by the vendor.
- Web Browser: Visit rutgers.joinhandshake.com to access Handshake from any web browser using a valid NetID and password. Alumni, if you do not remember your Rutgers ID, please visit the Rutgers ID Query web page to obtain your nine-digit RUID (here).
Please call 848-932-0144 or email email@example.com for technical support with any University Career Services online resources.