Welcome Rutgers–New Brunswick Alumni!
You became Scarlet Forever as a member of the Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) the moment you graduated, and the RUAA and the Office of Career Exploration and Success are proud to assist you with your career management needs! Rutgers University is unique when compared to other institutions as it ensures that ALL alumni are eligible to receive some form of career services.
- In order to ensure that all interested alumni can receive appropriate career-related assistance, Advanced Alumni (1+ years since graduation) are eligible to receive a maximum of (2) career advising appointments per calender year. If you reach the (2) appointment limit, then a recommendation may be made by your advisor for a referral to external career management-related resources.
- Referral resources have been carefully selected and arranged with service providers dedicated to delivering high-quality, meaningful assistance specifically to Rutgers alumni. As an added alumni benefit, this often includes a pre-negotiated, specially discounted rate for services requiring payment.
- Rutgers–New Brunswick alumni can access both in-person and virtual career advising appointments (online video chat or by phone).
Fees for Advising Services: There is a service charge for Advanced Alumni (1+ years since graduation) advising appointments as indicated below. In order to provide “world-class” career services to all alumni, we strive to ensure that these fees are as affordable as possible and well below the industry average of $250+ for individual career coaching sessions in the NYC-Metro area. The fees for Rutgers career advising services are:
- 0-1 year since graduation = free
- 1-3 years since graduation = $50 per appointment
- 3+ year since graduation = $75 per appointment