Did you know that there were 7,000 positions posted in CareerKnight, Rutgers' virtual career center, last semester? Yet, only 25% of students are using CareerKnight. What we want to know is... WHAT are you waiting for?!?! Stop waiting and start competing. If you are not competing in the job market, you limit your chances of landing a great job or internship.
YOU COULD WIN A $500 AWARD!
We care about your career and we hope you do to! Answer the question #RUcompeting for your chance of winning a $500 grand prize credit toward your student account. Other prizes include: RU Express points, gift cards to Barnes & Noble, and of course the biggest reward of all, use CareerKnight and make progress toward your career goals. Start competing today!
Grand Prize raffle update!
The grand prize raffle drawing winners will be released on our social media on Friday, March 7! We are still verifying #Rucompeting entrants and we apologize for the delay! We will award constellation prizes of RU Express points and Barnes & Noble gift cards as well. UCS will also contact winning students through social media to notify them about their prizes.
HOW TO PLAY: There are three ways to enter the raffle drawings:
- THE #RUCOMPETING T-SHIRT:
- Earn a T-shirt: This shirt is your ticket to enter into the prize raffle. Starting on February 3 you can earn your #RUcompeting t-shirt by:
- Find the Prize Patrol: Wear your t-shirt around campus each Friday during the month of February and check our social media to find out where our Prize Patrol Team will be that day. Use your mobile device to take a picture with the Prize Patrol, post it on your Facebook or Twitter page with the hashtag #RUcompeting and be entered into the raffle for some great prizes.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PARTICIPATION: Use one of our #RUcompeting graphics as your profile picture on Facebook or Twitter (download: profile image | FB cover image) during the week of February 17 through 23. Create a Facebook post or Tweet on our page to tell us how you are increasing your chances to compete in this competitive job market. Don't forget that you need to have the appropriate profile picture and use the hashtag #RUcompeting in your post to earn a raffle entry.
- BE ON THE LOOK-OUT: Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the campaign and to get updates about additional ways to earn raffle entries.
- You must be a current Rutgers New Brunswick student to win.
- If it is determined you won a prize you must respond within two business days of your University Career Services notification, with your RUID and full name.
- By your participation in the #RUcompeting campaign you are granting Rutgers permission to record your image and/or voice and grant Rutgers all rights to use these recordings or photographs in any medium for educational, promotional, advertising, or other purposes that support the mission of Rutgers University.