Rutgers Road to Wall Street Program
Fast-paced, competitive, financially and intellectually rewarding - - all describe a Wall Street career. Landing a job on the Street, however, requires intense focus from the early days of undergraduate life, as the bulk of hiring is completed in the fall of junior year when firms choose candidates for highly coveted summer internships.
Rutgers University undergraduates benefit enormously from the school’s proximity and ties to Wall Street whether it be via part-time internships, networking opportunities, or frequent alumni presentations. But, due to the timing of interviews, individual preparation is critical to gaining a successful role on the Street.
The Rutgers Road to Wall Street Program is designed to boost the preparation skills for a select group of approximately 50 students who demonstrate strong interest in and knowledge of financial markets. For the first time, participation in the program will require completion of a three-credit course taught in the spring term of sophomore year. The participants will also be paired with an alumni mentor currently working on Wall Street who will provide invaluable guidance and networking contacts and will also be asked to grade a portion of his/her coursework during the term. This year’s cohort will consist only of sophomores in order to maximize the training timeline leading up to the critical fall interview season.
Rutgers New Brunswick and Newark undergraduate students with a keen interest in the financial markets and Wall Street careers are encouraged to apply for this exciting program. Application details and program requirements are below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Road to Wall Street Program Highlights
- Road to Wall Street Financial Modeling and Market Analytics Course
- A mandatory three-credit course designed to provide the technical and market knowledge required for various roles on Wall Street.
- Alumni Mentor Match
- Alumni mentors provide instruction and contacts necessary to help students maximize their job search efforts. Mentors range from Associates to Managing Directors. Rutgers Alumni provide a critical resource for Rutgers undergraduates and often lead the candidate selection process at RU for their individual firms.
- Mentors will also contribute to the grading of a special project required in the Road to Wall Street Course.
- The Wall Street Seminars
- Four pre-course seminars focus on the initial steps necessary to prepare for the interview process and include topics such as resume and “story” preparation, networking guidance, market knowledge, and an introduction to technical material covered in the Road to Wall Course in the spring semester.
- One-on-One Counseling
- Access to counseling with the Director of The Road Wall Street program provides individual support for job selection, networking, and general interview preparation.
Application Details - September 20 Deadline - Rising Sophomores Only
- September 23: Notification of acceptance for interview
- Saturday October 1: Interview Date – Alumni Mentors conduct the interviews
- October 7: Notification of acceptance into the program
- October 21: Fall Wall Street Seminars Begin: Friday Afternoons - 3:00 PM-5:00 PM
Program Application Requirements and Instructions: Apply Via Career Knight
- Access Career Knight Job ID# 80054
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Rising sophomores only, due to the preparation timeline for junior year interviews in the fall of 2017.
- A strong resume and cover letter articulating your interest in a Wall Street career with reference to one or two of your preferred roles (e.g., investment banking, sales and trading, securities analysis, finance, and operations).
- A ranking of your preferences with respect to your preferred role submitted with your application on CareerKnight (to be provided through CareerKnight).
- All majors are welcome to apply.
New Brunswick And Newark Students:
- Register through CareerKnight: Job ID# 80054.
- Deadline: September 20, 2016
- Students must submit a one-page resume, one-page cover letter, and completed industry division preference ranking sheet (to be provided through CareerKnight) to the appropriate Career Knight Job ID.
Please click here for your program information
The Application Deadline is September 20, 2016