Your Major Doesn't Always Equal Your Career!
Join a Career Interest Cluster
University Career Services uses a new career development model focused on career interests. This allows students to break out of the confines of viewing career opportunities based on majors and opens the door to a larger portrait of post-graduation options. Workshops, networking events, and job/internship postings within CareerKnight are now structured around the career interest clusters.
What the New Model Is NOT:
What the New Model IS:
Available Cluster Groups:
Students can join any or all of the following clusters though their CareerKnight account:
- Arts, Communications, and Entertainment
- Business, Financial Services, and Logistics
- Education and Public & Human Services
- Food & Agriculture and Environmental & Natural Resources
- Health, General Sciences, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Students Still Deciding
Why Join a Cluster:
Students within a cluster will have the opportunity to engage in tailored:
- Individual career appointments with cluster experts
- Programs and workshops
- Networking events and panels
- Career and internship fairs
- Employer site visits
- Weekly announcements
- Job and internship opportunities within CareerKnight
How to Join a Cluster:
Register for a cluster within your profile section of CareerKnight today and get involved in exploring new career opportunities!