Free Exposure at Rutgers University
Interested in giving back to the community by sharing your expertise? Want to increase your organization’s brand on campus? Rutgers University-New Brunswick is seeking volunteers to assist our staff in critiquing resumes, performing mock interviews, networking with students, presenting programs, and serving on career panels designed to prepare our students for the world-of-work. Many programs are associated with the student’s associated career clusters. Learn more and register for a volunteer program below.
As a token of our appreciation, your organization name will be included in marketing materials for the event and the top volunteer for the academic year will be recognized at our annual Career Knights of Distinction Awards Dinner.
Spring 2017 Volunteer Opportunities & Descriptions:
- Campus-to-Careers: Student Field Trips to Employer Locations (seeking various industries on different dates): The goal is to provide approximately 40-50 students with exposure to the world-of-work while also allowing them to learn about individual employment organizations associated with their career clusters. Learn more and volunteer as a host location.
- Industry Connect Networking Roundtable (seeking various industries on different dates): The new series of networking events are a great way to meet and build connections with our talented students with interests in your field. Assist them by sharing your success stories, advice, and explaining what “a day in the life” of the job and industry is like. Learn more and register your organization.
- Mock Interview Clinic (February 26, 2017): Perform one-on-one mock interviews with students and provide feedback. Students will be paired with volunteers based on their career interest cluster. Training and lunch for volunteers will occur at the start of the program. Learn more and volunteer at the mock interview clinic.
- Recruiter-in-Residence Program (various Friday options): This educational program allows employers to serve as "career advisors" for the day. These sessions are open to all students, regardless of career interests or majors. Consider expressing your interest in volunteering to critique resumes, conduct mock interviews, or allow students to conduct information interviews with you in our suite. Learn more and volunteer as a “career advisor” for the day.
- Resume Clinic (January 30 – non-technical resumes; January 31 – technical resumes): Volunteers are needed to serve as resume reviewers during 15-minute sessions with current students prior to our large Fall Career & Internship Mega Fair. Learn more and volunteer at the resume interview clinic.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing registration submissions on Wednesday, January 11 or sooner. Thank you so much for your assistance!
Michelle St. George
Assistant Director for Employer Engagement & Networking Programs
Career Education Specialist–Core Programs
University Career Services
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey