University Career Services Fund
Knight of the Round Table Partners Program
The University Career Services Fund assists students through scholarships, career courses and programming, facilities enhancements, and staffing augmentation. Your contributions help us to fullfill our mission. Contributions of any dollar amount are welcomed.
Contributions will be geared towards the following initiatives:
- Unpaid Internship Scholarship: Employers have expressed that without “real-world” experience students can’t be competitive. Internships are a valuable way for students to develop such experience. However, due to financial restrictions many students are unable to participate in internships, which are often unpaid. Our goal is to start a $1,000,000 endowment.
- Career Courses and Programming: With nearly 100 programs a semester, our staff remain busy working with groups of students. However, we would like to do more such as create a Professional Development Institute, provide opportunities for students to visit employers on site via field trips, conduct internship and job search strategies courses, and much more.
- Facilities Enhancements: Rutgers University-New Brunswick students, alumni, and guests need to maintain state-of-the-art career facilities. Financial support towards this area will allow us to upgrade classroom and interviewing technology, upgrade and maintain our career facilities, and develop spaces that are worthy of Rutgers University students.
- Staffing Augmentation: At times there can be a three-week waiting period for students and alumni to meet with a career counselor. With a current capacity of 168 appointments per week, but an estimated 309 student appointments sought per week, it is vital that we augment our staff. Our goal is to support six graduate-level counselors, each serving a two-year term, at $275,000 a term.
- Road to Industry Programs: The Road to Industry Program is the umbrella name for a set of individual mentoring and networking programs that will connect current students with alumni mentors in a variety of industries. Mirrored on our successful Road to Wall Street Program designed for our Business & Communications cluster of students, University Career Services would like to establish additional programs such as a Road to Silicon Valley (for our STEM cluster of students), Road to Washington DC (for our Public and Social Services cluster of students), and Road to the Heartland (for our Food & Agriculture cluster of students). The goal of this fundraising effort would be to establish a 2.8 million dollar endowment to cover half the annual expenses needed to support these programs.
Interested in contributing to the fund? Please contact Janet Jones, Director of Employer Relations, at email@example.com, or via phone at 848-445-5587.