Include Online Tools In Your Syllabus
University Career Services has procured the following tools to help all students succeed in their personal and career development journey. If you are a faculty member teaching a class, consider incorporating the following online tools into your syllabus as a homework exercise. Students will thank you after graduation. Our academic liaisons can assist you in discovering ways to include these tools in your classes. You may also contact our Assistant Director for Technology Applications if you would like for these tools to be embeded into your school, department, and/or course sites.
- CareerKnight is the primary online career management system developed specifically for Rutgers students and alumni. It allows users to view and apply for internship and job listings and interview with employers through the On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) Program, while also allowing you to schedule career counseling appointments, register for upcoming workshops and events, and develop resumes and cover letters using industry approved templates and examples.
Personal and Career Assessments:
- FOCUS 2 is an online career and education decision making system designed to help you choose a major and make informed career decisions.
Career and Industry Information:
- Vault provides access to industry and company profiles. The profiles give you inside views of company and industry trends and strategies.
- GoingGlobal provides career information which assists you with pursuing global career paths.
Networking and Alumni Connections:
- The Student-Alumni Career Connections is an online database of Rutgers alumni willing to provide career advice. Search the database by major, job title, employer, and more to learn about their career paths.
- Candid Career allows you to select from thousands of career video interviews to learn about what professionals do in a wide variety of careers.
- CareerShift helps job seekers successfully navigate the published and hidden job market to find employment.
Job Search Preparation:
- Mock Interview allows you to use your own computer to rehearse interview questions online and further develop strong interview skills.