Guide to Gaining Experience
You can gain practical experience through an internship, volunteer work, a part-time job, or carefully chosen activities. Here are some steps to consider:
- Attend Career & Internship Fairs throughout the academic year to meet employers and learn more about the characteristics and requirements of various fields.
- Secure internships and work experiences that will immerse you in environments where you can learn the daily requirements of the careers you’re considering.
- Explore the Rutgers Internship and Co-op Program RICP
- Update your resume with recent experiences and sharpen it with critiques by a Peer Career Advisor or a Career Development Specialist.
- Talk to a Career Development Specialist about finding opportunities to gain experience and practice interviewing using InterviewStream.