Graduate School Action Plan
- Review our upcoming events and University Career Services Guide online.
- Meet with a career counselor and/or faculty advisor to discuss your graduate school plans.
- Attend the Graduate, Law and Health Professions School Fair.
- Attend off-campus graduate school events such as Law School Admissions Day at Rutgers-Newark. For pre-health professions students, be sure to register with the Health Professions Office at the Busch Campus/Nelson Labs A207.
- Research graduate and professional schools online.
- Review GRE/GMAT/LSAT information. Sign up for and prepare for the appropriate exam.
- Visit graduate schools in which you are interested and speak with admissions representatives.
- Request catalogs and application forms from the programs of your choice as early as possible. Also request information about specific departments, along with financial aid information.
- Set up a credentials file using Interfolio.com. Request letters of recommendation from three professors who know you well.
- For specific questions or concerns regarding professional schools, visit pre-law, pre-med, and other preprofessional advising offices on your campus.
- Have your application essay critiqued by a career counselor, mentor, or departmental advisor.
- Submit applications, official transcripts, and other required materials on time.