CareerShift: Hidden Job Market
CareerShift helps job seekers successfully navigate the published and hidden job market to find employment. This system is open to students and alumni.
Some helpful features include:
- Internal search tools that return results from many career sites and job boards
- Features that remind you of appointments and follow-up actions, as well as help you create resumes, cover letters, and other documents
- Company and contact databases where you can find current job connections
- Ability to send your resume to companies and contacts by direct mail or email. CareerShift tracks actions and keeps notes so you stay on top of your job search.
To access the system:
For students and recent alumni with a Rutgers NetID:
- Log in using the CareerShift portal.
- Use the green button at the bottom of the page 'Log in with Rutgers NetID.'
For alumni without a Rutgers NetID:
- Log in using the CareerShift portal
- Enter your username/email + password if you already have an account, or
- Click 'Sign Up Now' in the upper right corner to create a new CareerShift account
- Enter name, email, and create password
- Add the word alumni after the word Rutgers, in the group code box (rutgersalumni)
- Select security question and answer
- Answer the human verifier question
- Check the user agreement box
- Click NEXT to be directed to your CareerShift account
Please call 848-932-0144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support with any University Career Services online resources